HuttNZ

Local News, Current Affairs and Events for the Hutt Valley Wellington New Zealand

Cadillac Diner – Worth a Family Visit

with 65 comments

Well I didn’t write it, but I paid the bill. So here’s the review from http://twitter.com/HuttValleyChick, who felt it was necessary to say something about this new dining experience in Lower Hutt.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Looking for a fun place to eat in The Hutt?  Then look no further than Cadillac Diner and Café on High Street.  This new 1950s themed diner is worth a visit.  The décor itself is magnificent – we loved the opportunity to check out a pink Cadillac up close!
The food?  Well, if you’re planning on going – make sure you’re hungry!  The burgers are HUGE.  And they average at $12 each (fries are separate).  We dropped in for a light lunch last Saturday and were a bit disappointed they didn’t have a smaller burger option, like a cheeseburger, priced around $8 to $10.  We reckon the good test of a burger is that you can pick it up!  These burgers are just too big and eating them with a knife and fork seems weird.
But – you gotta hand it to them – it’s a good spot for families.  Your kids will love it.  And with kids’ meals priced from just $5, your wallet will love it too!

Cadillac Diner and Café, 112 High Street, Lower Hutt.

Looks like a school holiday wet weather idea!

Advertisements

Written by HuttNZ

October 4, 2009 at 7:29 am

Posted in Uncategorized

Tagged with , , ,

65 Responses

1. […] a comment » Hope through to our review of this establishment here Are you a fan for the atmosphere and way of life evoked in Happy Days, American Graffiti, even the […]

2. We went on the weekend (4th Oct) and it was AWFUL – I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. The food was foul – our local fish n chip shop serves better by far!!
    We got the lonestar plate which is a steak, 2 eggs, strip bacon, baked beans, chips & salad.

What we got was two fried eggs (we weren’t asked how we liked them) cardboard steak (and it looked days old and reheated..)6 chips, a tablespoon of brown shredded lettuce, HORRIBLE baked beans (we’re Kiwi’s! use Watties!) and that stuff called bacon that you can buy a kilo of for $6 (not really bacon.. so not strip bacon)

When we complained the waitress nodded sympathetically (never a good sign) and didn’t object in the slightest when we informed them we wouldn’t be paying (not for two mouthfulls!)

They have to get a new chef or the place will be out of business by christmas

Nicole

October 4, 2009 at 9:58 pm

• your an idiot. the food has a nice home made touch to it. i think its a great place to go. my kids really enjoyed it. the prices are resonable for a new businees. i would recommend anyone and everyone the chance to eat at the diner. their milkshakes are delicious.

Corey

October 7, 2009 at 10:29 am

• Corey – do you have to say that cos your mum owns it?

Janice

October 27, 2009 at 12:43 am

• My mum dosn’t own it, you got the wrong person

Cadilac Diner Director

November 4, 2009 at 1:47 am

• Well i think that the Caddilac diner is great !
      It is very unique and there is nothink quite like it anywhere??!!

As we all know starting a business for the first time is very hard and sure there are going to be alot of stuff upz here and there untill we eventually get it right, and when we do the customers will be happy,posting good feedback to their friends and fanily and wanting to come back and thats the goal the Caddilac Diner is trying very hard to achieve.

My advice to you “Nicole” is to get down off ya high horse and have a little leneancy towards The Caddilac Diner. This world doesn’t need people like you in it !
      Your not the queen so stop acting like one !!

Regards
      Teri

Teri

December 22, 2009 at 6:32 pm

• We went on the weekend (16th jan) and it was AWFUL – I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. The food is not the best now gone up heaps and just get a few chips.
      want to speck to the boss but got told on the phone.
      this was said last time we were there with the family.
      two fish and a few chips $8.50 last time it was about $5.00. When I complained the waitress she just walk away that is when she took how plates away. We did not see her as we were haveing how meal to see if we were happy. and didn’t object in the slightest when I said we will not come back again. and we will tell how friends about the food and sevice we got from the Cadilac Diner
      They have to get more on to it as as there are some nice eating places in lower hutt or the place will be out of business very soon.

kerry and family

January 17, 2010 at 2:08 pm

3. Cadillac Diner

Well well what can i say!!!!!!

I went to the diner the day after it opened because the place looked fantastic and inviting.

I ordered the lonestar plate but they told me they could not provide me with the meal i wanted because they did not have enough food!!!!!!

After reading nicoles feedback it kinda made me wonder if god was on my side, Cardboard steak?! 6 Chips?! Brown shredded lettuce?! HORRIBLE baked beans?! That not what i call a lonestar plate thats what i call a lonley plate..

So in saying that I am happy i didnt waste my time and money.

And i will always rely on my local…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. MAC DONALDS

Bill Saunders

October 28, 2009 at 10:36 am

• Give us a break bud.Trying hard to make it work for everyone but I guess you just cant please everyone.Ive got a good idea how about you design a restaurant like I have and design a menu like I have and run bussiness of your own.Get it off the ground in 3months with little finance and put everything on the line and lets see what happens.Have a think my friend.

Cadilac Diner Director

January 29, 2010 at 3:57 pm

4. Hi to all.The Cadillac Diner wants to apologise to all those who feel dissatisfied with the service or the meals they have received not been up to their opinionated requirements.We can sincerely apologise for this.
    You must understand that we cannot please everyone but we will try our best too.We have made several changes within the Diner towards our service and food preparation to control consistancy to our loyal customers.
    NEW -prices for the meals have beed edited to suit the economy but the quality now reflects upon this. So to all our disappointed first timers that have had a not so good first experience here at Cadillac Diner we once again sincerely apologise and welcome you back again for a seacond chance try.My guarantee to you would be 100% satisfaction alround.
    Thanks for you support and time.Regards Karl

Cadilac Diner Director

November 4, 2009 at 1:44 am

5. I was on here looking for a website for this place. What I was hoping to find was an online menu and some info so I could make a booking as it sounds like my kind of place.

However, what I found is the comment from Karl (Cadilac Diner Director) that said “their opinionated requirements”.

Sorry, but that sounds soooo rude and patronising. Just reading that took me from dying to go, to ensuring I never go. There’s no need to be rude to customers, especially online.

People will always have their opinions, and they will always be able to let others know those (especially online). You, as the Director of the company need to accept this and strive to ensure there will always be more positive than negative ones.

JeM

January 16, 2010 at 5:46 pm

• You have taken it out of context.Please read again and see that there are 2 sincere apologies.Thanks for your comments.Regards Karl

Karl

February 27, 2010 at 4:47 pm

6. Wow I can’t believe some of the comments from the negative people out there! I have been to the Cadilac diner 3 times now & I LOVE it from the food to the service and especially the diner fit out!
    You won’t find anything better outside of the USA it’s self! Karl don’t worry about the haters I’ll be coming back again & again & bringing all my American friends too! Keep up the good work guys!!

Dee

January 27, 2010 at 7:18 pm

• Hi Dee
      Thank you very much for your support.We have been working extremly hard at the Diner to serve the public in the most professional way we can and know.Extensive research over the last 2months especially up to all hours of the night trying to get ourselves more composed and consistant.Once again to the unsatified customers we welcome your feedback to enable us to tighten up more but can we please have also have some small tiny respect for us having a go at something entirly new to Lower Hutt.Thank you again Dee for your awesome support.Karl

Cadilac Diner Director

January 29, 2010 at 3:52 pm

7. Also like Jem, i typed the name in google hoping to find a website to look at the menu and instead i just got this. It has definetly put me off coming now. Also, Cadilac Diner, you didnt apoligise to those peoples comments bout the bad food till ages after. If you want to make your business look good, the first thing you should have done instead of getting smart to them was to appologise. If the food has really changed now and the price then my family may come, thank you.

emma

January 29, 2010 at 5:51 pm

8. Hi there
    We went there for a birthday dinner (20 February 2010) and it was great! Loved the food, service, reasonable prices and the decor – especially the immaculate teal Cadillac parked inside. Thoroughly recommend it to everyone. Keep up the great work!!

Dave

February 22, 2010 at 9:53 am

9. Thank you Dave.We remember you guys as guests here at the Diner last week we appreciate your great comments and we are very pleased that you had a chance to come down and enjoy the true Cadillac Diner experiences.
    Regards

Karl

Karl

February 27, 2010 at 4:43 pm

10. hello, is there a menu anywhere my family and i would like to know more sbout the food. thanks.

Ruby

March 11, 2010 at 7:11 pm

• Hi thanks for the enquiry.Our menu is about to be loaded on wining and dining through isite lower Hutt.We are still trying to get a web site together.We are situated at 112 High street where you are welcome to come in and take a copy.Thanks again,Karl

Cadilac Diner Director

March 12, 2010 at 12:46 pm

11. Smart ass replys by Directors of a new venture has more than likley signaled doom from the out set..
    Think before you reply as customers are your life line…

Anthony

March 26, 2010 at 9:44 pm

• Sorry mr perfect

Cadilac Diner Director

March 28, 2010 at 2:48 pm

• Wow you are rude. After reading such negative feedback from not only yourself but others, rather then state: “I will definatly not dine at the Cadillac Diner after reading how terrible everything is”..its actually provoked me to want to go and experiance this “badness” for myself. In which i have! I throughly enjoyed my dining experience along with my husband and children. It would be great if others think like me and go along to experience or themselves and judge it then 🙂

Ciara

May 25, 2010 at 12:33 pm

• I 4got to mention – my reply was intended for Anthony not the Cadillac Diner Director.

Ciara

May 25, 2010 at 12:33 pm

12. See what i mean by smart remarks..Your not even worth my company booking in for a function..will recommend clients avoid you.

Anthony

March 30, 2010 at 9:44 pm

13. You are just one of many jerks who like destroying hard efforts that people do.No respect whats so ever just complain complain complain.Get a life

Cadilac Diner Director

March 31, 2010 at 2:42 pm

14. At least the americans can do it properly..i wouldn’t even bother putting dirt in the hole to burie yous..cadilac titanic..blop blop blop..

Anthony

March 31, 2010 at 3:44 pm

• complain complain complain come and see me at the diner.you seem to like to hide behind your pc.I have this website on here to show i have balls to not be afraid of bad feedback.Come see me and see if youve got balls,JERK

Karl

March 31, 2010 at 10:00 pm

• Come on guys, a place that has been open for a year and has all this competition around them they are doing a good job.

not everyone is perfect, and it is people like you Anthony that create false impressions in others. If you don’t like it say it and then go away stop being a JERK.

Karl and Cadillac, i wouldn’t be surprised if this is one of your competitors talking smack, and unfortunately you have fallen for it.

Remember, unfortunately like Anthony said, customers do make or break you. Do not put your self in the position to be seen as the bad guy.

Brandon

October 14, 2010 at 12:16 pm

15. Wow… What can i say!
    I applaude Karl and the Cadilac crew for venturing out with their new restaurant.
    God knows we need places like this in the Hutt Valley!
    My family and I dined for dinner at Cadilacs a couple of weeks ago… and were greatly impressed with the food and service. Yes their burgers were large but hey… if you were served anything smaller you would complain that it wasnt a true American experience!
    All our meals were absolutly devine and desserts eye poping. (my boys were very impressed with the size of the sundaes).
    So we will definetly be going back to Cadilac Diner for a treat… and i cant wait until your website is up and running Karl, cause i heard you guys do a cadilac birthday party pick-up… Thats my boys sorted this year!

Cheers

felix

May 2, 2010 at 8:20 pm

16. Hi, just want to say stopped into read the menu, but in doing so we didn’t leave till we tried the pie (I’m a big pie fan) I was yummy, and what was more impressive is that it was oven heated, mum whose a pastry fanatic hates microwaved heated pasty, so thanks, will be coming in to try it all soon, so will hopefully will have more great things to say soon.

Emma

May 17, 2010 at 8:11 pm

17. Wonderful experience..such huge portions on all our meals ordered. My children loved the atmosphere..even i felt taken back by the Americana Theme! We will definatly dine again. Thank you to all the staff at the Cadillac Diner for making my familys night out for dinner Fantastic!
    Cheers guys.

Ciara

May 25, 2010 at 12:29 pm

18. Dont you just love family write ups.

dez

June 25, 2010 at 9:06 pm

19. Me and my family were looking forwared to heading to the diner for dinner tonight as the place looks great.
    We had a bad experience there when they first opened ( a hair in a slice ) but not a huge deal
    So in looking for a menu we came across these reviews and plenty more on other websites
    WOW what a shame, not alot of good reviews and to be honest the negative far outway the few positives so needless to say they will not be getting a cent out of us again

Ryan

July 31, 2010 at 10:06 am

20. Get a life mr perfect.JERK

Diner Director

August 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm

• wow!

decor and menu LOOK great – feedback makes me wonder if it will be worth the money for me, my wife and 3 kids to experience an American diner.

interesting that the cadillac diner director comes back with greasy comments for the good reviews and the not so good reviewers get called jerks …

Ed

August 12, 2010 at 6:13 pm

• Just saying how it is and thats putting it nicely,swearing wouldnt be good but im tempted.Honesty is a good thing.Greasy comments whatever!!.Bring your family in and decide for yourself,your kids will love it as we based the Diner to look after children to keep them occupied.Dont let other people make decisions for you.Thanks for your comment anyway.This place is magic and it will take your breathe away.Thanks

Diner Director

August 20, 2010 at 12:23 pm

21. Went to the diner today and thought the decor was great, the food was horrible all three meals that were ordered and the service we got from the waitress was ok, although we were not asked if we enjoyed the food. The Manager seemed grumpy, not friendly at all will not be returning and couldnt recommend, very overpriced for what we got. Try the fishermans table for a family meal with young children.

Janice

September 12, 2010 at 3:53 pm

22. Well went to the diner last night for my 2nd anniversary with my partner and a bit of mixed emotions about it.

Service for instance was great the patrons more than inviting (may have had something to do with knowing the waitress but hey they aren’t called perks for a reason.

Food was good, considering. We had the cheesey fries and the Scallops (scallops were very well cooked just need to perfect the batter)chips were chips, but need Watties tomato sauce.

Main we had gourmet wedges AMAZING and the Ribs (they are better than the lone Star RIB’s.

Milkshakes are amazing – go strawberry.

I would reccommend at least giving it a try, i am a don’t dis it till you try it.

A- grade and definately will try again.

Two issues with the place:
    – Waitresses need to be more polite (i know the girl there so i am all right) when someone says thank you acknowledge that you heard them.
    – When you order an entree and a main, the come out at different times and not at the same time lol.

But all in all a B+ to A- grade but for a new business well done.

Brandon

October 14, 2010 at 12:08 pm

23. cadillac diner is a FANTASTIC place love the food love everything keep up the good work

john m

October 17, 2010 at 1:05 pm

24. It’s incredible to see how emotive some of the comments on the Diner have been. Having been involved in the industry, I’m aware that Karl is in a completely unenviable position. It takes money, passion and guts to start up a restaurant and the biggest mistake that people make after doing this hard yard, is then not being available 24 hours a day for this business. Someone with a vested interest needs to vet all food being served and also the staff. If the chefs or waiters have a poor work ethic this then reflects on the owner / director. It costs nothing to be pleasant to a customer or to apologise if the customer has an issue with their meal. Karl, don’t take people’s criticism personally (unless you are the chef or waiter)!!! You can’t please everyone, and it really does pay to listen to the feedback, so that things can be improved if this is needed. Good luck with your venture.

Ellie

October 29, 2010 at 4:13 pm

25. OMG. I did a google search to find a menu as I have driven by and it looks cool, and came across this. I cannot believe how you, the owner, are so rude.
    I will not be dining with you. If this is how you treat customers, I don’t want to experience it.
    Guess i’ll be going somewhere else tonight.

Kate

November 6, 2010 at 4:13 pm

26. My wife and I visited last winter, and loved it. Great food, good service and smiling people. The place was full but they managed to find a table for us (we walk in off the street, having discovered the Hogs Breath had closed). I was impressed and are planning to make a booking for this Wednesday with a couple of friends.

Lee Pletzers

November 15, 2010 at 10:36 pm

27. […] point me explaining it, take a look back at Cadillac Dinner from April this year and read the […]

28. Hi everyone.Thank you to all who have supported us here at the Diner and thank you very much for the kind feed back.Sorry for not replying to all of the feed back sooner.I would like to apologise for some of the rude comments I have said to the ones who have left not so good but honest feedback.As the director of Cadillac Diner I will not be taking the comments so personally as this is very unprofessional I admit.To all who have had a bad experience here at the Diner I would like to invite you back to give it another go.I have since resigned from my primary employment of 17years with the company I was employed with to work full time unpaid at the Cadillac Diner to take full control in all areas to make sure that our welcomed value customers are 100% satisfied in every way.I have sinced made many many changes and I am personally overseeing everything that involves service and meals.Thank you again for your bad comments as it has helped me to figue out where I was going wrong and relising that this was totally unacceptable.My Sincere apologies.To those who have supported us and have left great kind feed back I wish to thank you very much in helping me see that there is a small candle glowing at the end of the tunnel for the Cadillac Diner.We are trying very hard on no cash flow to keep up with the big boys on the block and its very hard and demanding.I guess I was taking my frustration out on customers that were leaving bad comments.I have changed the place now with outstanding outcomes with much more good yet to come now that I have immersed my self here now.I would like to wish everyone a very merry christmas to you all and loved ones and I hope your festive season is safe and enjoyable to you all.The Cadillac Diner will continue to grow with only your support.Please support us as we want to give back in some way oneday to the community when we are able too.Bye for now,Regards Karl

karlcadillacdiner@gmail.com

December 6, 2010 at 4:39 pm

29. Have dined when you first opened, after that, well we’ve never been back, but saw program on tv tonite, new menu looked appealing, may see you over the summer for the chilli.

average joe

December 7, 2010 at 8:59 pm

• Hi average joe,Thanks alot to people like yourself giving us a second chance.We really need it!Hope to see you in here again bud.Cheers again Joe,Regards Karl

Karl

December 8, 2010 at 9:27 pm

30. Saw your program on Telly tonight, kitchen job looks like you’ve made some difficult changes. Glad to see that business is picking up. As a fellow nz business owner I know how hard it can be when you can’t see the wood for the trees. Wishing you all the best and if I’m down form Auckland will surely drop in for a bite 🙂

Marty

December 7, 2010 at 10:06 pm

31. […] leave a comment » Well, I’m willing to give Karl the benefit of what the show provided as an insight into his business dream. I will go back, as other comments on the blog show […]

32. Thanks very much Marty for your kind comments.Debbie and I really appreciate it.Yes the work is very hard here so thats for understanding and your support.Regards Karl&Debbie

Karl

December 8, 2010 at 9:21 pm

33. Thank you for coming back.I would love to talk to you in person so ask for me when you come in if you want too.If im tied up in the kitchen I will still make an effort to talk to you.Thanks very much again.Regardsw Karl

Karl

December 8, 2010 at 9:24 pm

34. Review by: Rachel Norambuena on 14th December 2010

This place is awful. Firstly, when the owner put our watered down drinks in front of us she held the glasses by the rim, her hands were just about in the drinks. The tables were sticky, the carpet needed a good clean. The waitress, when asked the type of fish on the menu, said she didn’t know and just stood there with a nervous look on her face. After ordering with a waitress five or so minutes later the owner came over to inform us that the food we had ordered would be awhile as she had “three chefs let us down tonight.” Then the waitress came back to the table five minute later to tell us that our meals would “be awhile” as there was some trouble in the kitchen tonight. Then about twenty minutes later the waitress comes back to tell us that there is no fish left! At this stage we decided to get out of this inefficient joint. We went to the counter to pay for the watered down drinks and the owner said, “Are you leaving, your meals are being cooked now.” We informed her (as nobody who worked there seemed to communicate with each other) that we had just been told that the meals we had ordered at least forty minutes prior were not available…she replied with “oh no we have fish we told her there was no more fish after your order.” And “she is new.” We sat back down (I so wanted to leave but the person I was with was just too exhausted to care by this stage) and so we sat back down. Meals arrived….I imagine this is what prison food would taste like. Tinned baby carrots swimming on the plate in water, peas with bottled mint sauce, fish that smelt bad and mashed potatoes that were just luke warm. When we went to pay nobody asked us if we enjoyed our meals…somehow I think that would be a question they should avoid!!! As we handed over sixty dollars for two mains I told the girl at the counter that the food was really terrible. She replied by making a smart comment under her breathe. Considering that this place has supposedly had a TV makeover by a top American chef…I can only imagine how bad it was before. Bad food, Bad service.
    Review Feedback by: Karl Randall (0) 15th Dec 2010
    Hi Rachel Thank you for your kind comments.We really need feedback like this to destroy us right now!I would like to reply back at you!The wait for your meals was only 20mins as per usual for any restaurant.You were also informed that there was a 20min wait aswell.I cannot figue out what you are talking about by saying watered down drinks as you only ordered chilled water and a Cranberry juice with ice that is supplied by CokeCola.Our waitress is new and is coming along very well.We put the new girls out there to build their confidence just like any new employee theres a time to shine just the way perhaps how you started out in the workforce so I think a pat on the back would be more welcomed than a slap on the hand.We dont serve tinned baby carrots or peas they are Watties in a bag.Mint sauce is mint sauce but its the top of the range sauce we use.We spare no expense with our products we buy and we choose our suppliers very carefully.Anyway I am not going to carry on and justify myself to you as I am doing my best 100% in everyway hence replying back to this comment at this late hour of the night after clean up.This is not a fine dine out let this is a good old diner/Kiwi Restaurant where people come and enjoy themselves without nit picking at everything.No restaurant has clean tables/carpet/toilets/seats bar/windows and so on its a fact of life its just people like yourself who destroy hard efforts by others.My strong advice to you next time this happens when you dine out somewhere is not to run bussiness owners down as they are only human and are allowed to make mistakes but be honest and helpful by talking to the owners rather than expressing you feelings to the world.We are hard working and honest good people here at the Cadillac Diner and we dont settle for anything but the best.This comment is very upsetting to me and I hope this makes you feel better.Just remember to be thankful always that is what makes a great person and a great Kiwi.Thanks Regards Karl Managing Director-Cadillac Diner

Gemma

December 16, 2010 at 11:24 am

35. Karl and Debbie, We came when you first opened and even though there where teething problems we loved the food and atmosphere – we could see what you were trying to do and liked it. Some people need to remember it is not the Ritz (if the snobs want one pea and one carrot on a decorative plate then they should go to those places and pay the exorbitant prices) but a good old fashioned diner suitable for young and old alike on modest budgets. We came back tonight 30 December to celebrate my voucher I got for my birthday in October. This time it was a pleasure to be served by considerate and happy staff, who weren’t run off there feet like last time :o), who explained politely that the garlic bread was all out so we went for the wedges and they were plenty :o). My partner had the L.A.P.D burger and I tackled the Empire State Burger (which sadly defeated me) but it was hot and really tasty and enjoyable. We like the decor and my partner used the amenities with no complaints. Don’t let the negative people get you down , simply thank them for their feedback and tell them you will put it right. We will be back again in the future. Good luck and keep working at it we hope you succeed.

Kerrian

December 30, 2010 at 9:12 pm

36. Dear Cadillac Diner
    I had the most unfortunate experience of dining with you this evening. Firstly your service is absolutely atrocious, having three people serving the same table, no wonder you got confused.

With ordering a starter, this was fine, until our mains arrived half way through us finishing this, and I told your staff that I wished to finish my starter before having my main, only to have it put in an oven then returned to the table as I was finishing the starter, this I’m told is due to the plate getting hot in the oven, to the extent I took the last item and the plate was gone instantly.

My partners main was the main concern however, when you offer lightly season chicken, can you please put some seasoning on it? Yes I know its not KFC, but do your staff? Taking into consideration of course that she herself called it KFC. No flavour, unless of course you count grease as flavour, which I do not. So to sum up so far, I have had poor service to the extent I no longer want my main in any way shape or form. On top of this after ordering a Jaffa flavoured milkshake, only to be told five minutes later that there was none got a creaming soda shake instead, which to be honest tasted quite foul.

But then the good stuff begins, we get up from our table to pay, you ask why I haven’t had my meal, and so I tell you honestly, i tasted my partners and it had no flavour, mine has been in the oven for five minutes this does nothing for the food itself. Your female front of house member goes to the kitchen and passes this along to the chef, who then tries to tell me how the chicken is “lightly spiced” to which I reply, that may well be, but I can taste nothing at all. He then explains that if they overspice the chicken people complain (perhaps he should take note, poeple complain when it isn’t spiced too) he goes on to tell us that they have not had any compaints in regards to their chicken which obvously they have since people seem to have complained due to overspicing. At this stage he returns to the Kitchen, and I ask the female staff member to process my bill so I can pay and leave. As she does so, however, in the background I can hear the chef saying “your taste buds are f**ked”, to which I respond, “you really think swearing is going to get me to come back?”. It is at this stage that he reveals he is the owner of the diner by exclaiming “Its my f**king restaurant, I’ll do and say whatever the F**k I like, get f**k’d”.

What wonderful service you gave us, and if you can’t tell, this is a sarcastic comment.

Yours in frustration and ill of stomach after your food,

Gakaroth.
    Review Feedback by: Karl Randall (0) 24th Dec 2010
    Will your name says it all.Enjoy your life and I beg you not to come back.Blar Blar Blar

Carrie

January 10, 2011 at 10:49 am

37. Owner is the rudest person I’ve ever met. He swore at our group when we complained that they hadn’t seasoned their seasoned chicken. How this place stays open is beyond me. The owner is an absolute idiot, the food is crap and the owner has no idea how to run a successful business. Avoid this place folks unless you want a crap night out.

sarah

January 13, 2011 at 2:01 pm

38. Dear Cadillac Diner

Yours in frustration and ill of stomach after your food,

Gakaroth.
    Review Feedback by: Karl Randall (0) 24th Dec 2010

gakaroth

January 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm

39. In spite of what other displeased comments that were made from this site, we wanted to form our own opinion, and from the moment we walked in the door on Monday 10th Jan we were made to feel comfortable and they seated us straight away and our meals were brought out with good timing and were value for money. We loved our milkshakes too. Our waitress was very friendly and professional and catered to our needs. The place has a nice family feel to it and I really loved the old newspapers to read too. I recommend to all and will be booking for my upcoming birthday. Thank you.

Amanda and Hamish

January 13, 2011 at 9:21 pm

40. My husband and I had a great time at the diner. You guys have done a great job. We loved the decor/music and the service was great. We had no problems with the meals. We could have stayed there all afternoon listening to the great 50s music drinking our thick shakes and eating burgers. Keep up the good work. We will be down again on the 4th march and will definitely be in to have another great burger.

Carol & Charlie

January 23, 2011 at 2:06 pm

41. We enjoyed the experience from the moment we walked in the door. Great decor, great service and food. Loved it. We will definitrly be back next time we are passing and will pass the work on.

Carol

January 23, 2011 at 2:15 pm

42. Had a late lunch on saturday and from the moment we went in we loved the place. Great atmosphere, great service and food. Just loved the music. We will be back down your way on the 4th march and will be back in for another great burger and thick shake and to experience the 50s and 60s theme. Great job guys and keep up the good work. We will spread the message.

Carol & Charlie

January 23, 2011 at 2:18 pm

43. $13.oo for a burnch not good

rob

June 5, 2011 at 5:27 pm

• small burger for $13.00 me and kids went there to day had a burger each we went home disatointed and felt riped off

rob

June 5, 2011 at 5:46 pm

44. I think Karls pretty much dissed the whole of the Hutt valley lol. There are many places who run successful businesses in the valley without the help of peoples opinions. And this is because they actually care about their customers. I am american, and even without its an all american theme, you could pay $5US and still get a better burger, sundae without an egotistical chef. No matter how long you stay open , i bet your not happy and your business is struggling. Good on you for giving it a go.

ray

June 18, 2011 at 8:45 pm

45. I would like to say I enjoy Cadillac Diner. My son (13) and I go quite regularly and almost always enjoy it. The burgers are great value, tasty and hot. I love the waffles with bacon and syrup, its delicious always. My only complaint would be the coffee is a little weak but no big deal. Staff are nice and try very hard and I love the decor. Perhaps Karl you could come and have a wee chat to some customers and see what you can do to make their experience better. In my humble opinion, this is good business practice and can make the difference between leaving and never returning. That said, I like the place and sincerely hope they can succeed as it is a unique experience in the Wellington region. Keep it up guys 🙂

Lisa

July 4, 2011 at 6:57 pm

46. Hi Cadillac,
    My partner and I visited the Hutt for the first time a few weeks ago and decided to try your restaurant because it looked great from the outside and we weren’t disappointed.
    The lovely waitress was happy to bring two highchairs for our rug rats and the food was just what I expected at a diner style restaurant. I loved that other punters were getting up and checking out all the quirky things you have on view and loved that the kids could play with the clown and rocket ship!!!
    The restaurant looks great and I as we are moving to the area in the few weeks it will be our restaurant of choice when we want to take our auckland buddies out for an affordable meal!
    Good work guys!
    I think that people should back off with the cattiness on this page as the owner is obviously very proud and protective of his business “baby” and every stab you make at the business is like a personal insult to him! Good on you for having the up and go to run a business and in my opionion a sucessful one!!!

Lisa

July 20, 2011 at 9:42 pm

47. wow what a cool experience i just loved the feeling of this place such a great place to bring the family,the meals were so cheap and they definately filled the spot, they were huge, the staff was just so friendly and made you feel very welcome not like other restaraunts you go to, i was very impressed and will definatly be back,
    thanks for a great night and fantastic food…… i would recomend this place to all

Leo